With WordPress, everything from creating a simple blogging site to building an e-commerce store becomes pretty easy. 35% of the web uses WordPress, and it is only increasing day by day. Even if you find difficulty with something, there are plenty of supporting plugins available to help you out. This article is about one such plugin for your site's GDPR cookie consent.
All website owners across the world who are serving people in the EU have gone through or are still going through the process of making several changes to their website to comply with the GDPR (read the guide to GDPR). The most difficult of all would be the compliance of cookies as they stay mostly hidden inside the website. It might seem exhausting as you need to take care of a lot of things to make sure that your site is compliant with the law.
If you own a WordPress website, then take GDPR cookie compliance out of your to-do list. Webtoffee's GDPR cookie consent plugin is all set to take care of the cookie compliance issues by providing a user-friendly cookie consent form to users.
WordPress GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin
The GDPR cookie consent plugin has two versions available for download – basic (free) and pro. Let’s see what both of them offer.
GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin – Basic
This WordPress plugin is your one-stop solution for all your GDPR cookie consent related worries. There is a wide variety of features that can do more than just letting your website comply. If you want to try a free plugin with features that would provide compliance with the law and, at the same time, adequate control over cookies to the website owner, then you don't need to think twice.
It comes with a host of features, such as:
- Adds a cookie consent notice to your website to inform visitors of the usage of cookies.
- Fully customizable options for the cookie notice. You can decide the type of notice banner, pop-up or widget, what it should say, how it should look – background color, text color, button/link text, color, and size, font size, whether it should animate on load, etc.
- Option to hide the bar after some time.
- Accept on scroll settings.
- Whether you want the cookie bar to show again.
- Provide the link to the pages on the bar.
- Add the cookies used by your site and its details.
- Add the scripts for non-necessary (especially third-party) cookies so that they will be blocked and loaded only upon user consent.
- Supports WPML and qTranslate, making it compatible with translations.
To know more about this version and how to set it up, read the detailed user guide.
GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin – Pro
WordPress cookie consent premium plugin allows greater flexibility to the website owners with its set of excellent features. In addition to the features provided by the basic version of this plugin, you will have access to a bundle of other features.
- Categorize cookies that are present on your website to various categories you create on your website. You can even assign a priority value to each category created (higher the value, higher the priority). In contrast, in the free version, you only have the option to specify cookies as necessary or non-necessary.
- Automatic scanning of cookies on your website. You can import the result to add it to the existing list of cookies or as a CSV file for logging purposes.
- Granular control over cookies. Users can accept or reject the specific cookie category that the website uses.
- Option to auto-block third-party cookies unless the user gives consent to use them. Cookies from third-party services, for example, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Google Tag Manager, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, will be blocked if enabled.
- Location-based cookie notice where you can enable showing the cookie bar only to visitors from the EU.
- Records user consent if enabled. It stores details, such as the IP address, visited date and time, cookie details, and the user ID. You can download this as a CSV file and keep it as proof of consent in case of an audit.
- Supports languages, such as Bulgaria, Czech, Danish, Deutsch, Spanish, French, Croatian, Icelandic, Dutch, Slovenian.
There are three license types - single site, up to 5 Sites, and up to 25 sites. If you are not satisfied with the product, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee!
For further details, visit the product page (link above) or read the user guide for detailed info.
GDPR and the EU Cookie Law were implemented with a strong focus on protecting EU individual’s online privacy rights. Thus, you have no choice left but to comply with the law if your website gets traffic from the EU. Webtoffee's WordPress cookie consent plugin will make the work easy for you. However, please do not forget that installing this plugin alone does not make your site GDPR-compliant. Since each site uses different cookies, you need to ensure you have the necessary configurations in place to support the cookie bar.
Disclaimer: The purpose of the article is to share information about the product. It does not represent any legal advice. Therefore, for any legal assistance on complying with the privacy laws, please contact a lawyer or professional.